It was a tiring trip, made up of meetings and big meals. We toured some old ships and a russian submarine. Pretty cool. I felt like quite a wimp as I realized the hardships people endured times ago.
Cirque du Soleil was breathtaking. I can not even begine to explain what we saw other than to say it was super human. Power, agility, flexability, balance. Picture doing the splits (impossible), now do them with your feet in rings hanging from two straps, so all your doing the spits in mid air, all your weight on your ankles blancing so as not to fall. Oh too easy, get someone to hang from your thighs!
Our kids seem to have no problem without us. Of course they are in trustworthy hands. Who knows they probably had more fun than they do at home. I was a little disapointed that Tessa was not potty trained while we were gone. Too much to expect?
We are on it now though. She is doing her own balancing tricks on the potty. and her blatter control is
almost as amazing as that of the artists at the circus. She can sit on the can for an hour without a drip, get up walk a way, and release a gallon.
We exchanged favors and Liam is over for the week as Jo and Ryan enjoy Florida. Where would you rather be sick? In florida alone or at home taking care of your kids? I hope you did have fun.
Liam is fun. He entertains Tessa on the potty. He is perfectly compliant. Adds nothing to the decibel level of our house. Hopefully he will recover from the trauma of living at this zoo. I think he ate his meals. I did help him brush his teeth a couple of times. He bathed at least once (or played in the water anyway).
And we did put him to sleep every night. He probably learned some independance and only caught him gazing out the window once, wondering how far away is Florida.
If you pray, these are our challenges today?
2 comments:
Hey Frank, how is Tessa's "blatter" control coming along? Thanks again for taking care of Liam- it was great to be able to leave him and know he would be taken good care of. The only problem is now he wakes up expecting to be entertained all day!
ryan
Update your blog. This is boring. If you don't have any more great stories, you can come back to the DR. We could help you with some adventures!!?! We miss you guys very much....seriously....come back!
C
Post a Comment